Newsletter Subscribers Custom Field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:47

Newsletter Subscribers Custom Field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

I have been trying to add a custom field to the Newsletter Subscription form in Sitefinity 5.4 and so far I haven't had any luck.  I tried to follow the instructions on this thread and have not had any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Jason,

Can you please let us know in some further details what are the problems you are currently encountering when you follow the mentioned forum thread?
Are you able to successfully create the new dynamic field int eh Subscriber object (you can verify this by running your code  in debug and then also checking the database table as outlined int he forum thread discussion).
If the above stage is passed successfully, are you experiencing some problems modifying the default SubscribeForm template?

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Boyan,

I managed to fight my way through adding the meta field to the Newsletter Subscribers table.  I have also successfully modified the template file to include my custom field and having it save successfully in the database.  The difficulty I am having now is getting the custom meta field to show up in the grid views in the admin as well as the edit form for the subscriber.  I have been trying to follow this blog post about extending existing content modules, but since the Newsletter Subscribers is not a content module I am having some difficulty in how to go about extending the WCF webservice.

Do you have any advice/examples on how to go about extending the webservice?

Jason

This thread is closed