Ecommerce and free products

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:45

Ecommerce and free products

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi All,
I was wondering if there was a way to bypass the payment information page when dealing with products that are free.  We're going to have a variety of products on the site, all online training, some of which will be free and some paid.  I'd like everyone to checkout through the site since they'll still need to be signed up for an account however I don't want someone to need to submit credit info for a free item.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Jason,

We have answered you in the support ticket. If you want you can share the information with the community.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Jason,

I would be interested to know what solution you came up with.

Thanks,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

I am searching for an answer on this as well.  Would you be so kind as to post the answer given/received via the support ticket thanks!

The only way I've been able to make this work is to create a new payment option that would be offline however when doing so the option to pay goes away and if the customer added 2 products to the cart and one of them is free when the discount is applied, the balance would still have to be taken via our online payment option and this is not working.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

Victor, can you please reply to this post.  There are a few of us who want to know what the suggested route is to obtain the end result where we can bypass the credit card information when the total sale cost is $0.  Also how is it possible to remove the coupon code from the validation check as you can not apply a coupon without first inputting your credit card information.  Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Jason,

You will need to override the CheckoutWidget and add custom logic that checks the CartOrder and the CartDetail object. If the total is 0 you can get the products from the same object and create an order for it via code then stop the checkout process before payment as you created the order already.

Here's some documentation on:

Creating orders

Code behind for existing widget

Additionally we have a community driven open source checkout widget that you can use.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed