How to Enable Windows Authentication in Sitefinity 5.4 Versi

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:52

How to Enable Windows Authentication in Sitefinity 5.4 Version Projects

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Team

I am using Sitefinity 5.4.4010.0 veresion in current project. I want to restrict people from accessing the sitefinity admin using windows authentication. so please tell me how to setup the windows authentication for the current project.By default form authentication is enabled for admin. So please suggest me asap.

i will waiting for your early response.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

To switch the authentication type go to Sitefintiy backend from Administration->Settings->User Authentication and change the dropdown that is currently using Forms Authrntication to Claims Authentication. For setting up claims authentication refer to the video walkthroughs in this blog post and this documentation.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have setup windows authentication on my adminstrative site, and everything authenticates properly when using IE9, latest versions of Google Chrome and Firefox. However, if using IE 8 -- the login authentication mechanism fails. If i provide a valid user within invalid password -- it is returning an authorization message (as expected) and doesn't break. However, providing a valid user and valid password, and what should happen is passing the user into the admin site to the 'Dashboard' -- i get no such luck. (see screenshot). I have replicated this with IE 8 browser as well as using IE8 emulator (IE tester tool)...

I can still login using the 'default' authentication provider though. Can you please help investigate what is causing this issue?

This thread is closed