Spam entries on forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:12

Spam entries on forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

I have some issues with spam being submitted to my website project's forms. These are quote forms so they end up in the account managers' inboxes. The spam is rather disruptive to them so I'd like to build in some kind of spam protection. Some googling gave me this: 

www.telerik.com/.../built-in-spam-protector-strategies.html

But that seems to be removed from Sitefinity 5.x? Is there a way to secure my forms against entries such as this (see screenshot)? 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

You can try the solution in this blog post:http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/radoslavgeorgiev/posts/radoslav-georgievs-blog/2011/12/14/captcha_for_sitefinity_forms 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@ Bob

And please do not forget to vote for it http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/10655

Opened a year ago, 45 votes, not even on any roadmap :-) 

So maybe if we get it up to 1000 votes we get it - just kidding but I really would be nice to have the RadCaptchas option for forms, forums, blogs and so on out of the box.

Markus

@Markus
Voted, I agree, should be out of the box (and was, at one time, if I'm not mistaken?)

@Atanas
Will have a look at that. I see in the comments that some people claim it's not actually working though, any idea about that?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

The solution that Radoslav outlined uses one of the many plugins that do CAPTCHA, you can however, use any plugin of your choice and use the same approach given by Radoslav in the blogpost.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed