Telerik.Cms?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:12

Telerik.Cms?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

Does anybody have an idea where I can get the references for:

using Telerik.Cms;
using Telerik.Cms.Web;

Please? What .DLL do I need to reference?

Lurch,

Those are 3.x references. If you're in 4.x or 5.x, you'll need to use Telerik.Sitefinity. That Telerik.Cms stuff is no longer used in the newer versions.

Yes, I've edited this post like 3 times now... :)

Might be easier to paste us in the code that's not working because of those references?

It was not broken code per say, but a bunch of "using" statements, that had those lines of text included.

I removed them, and nothing in the page/file appear to break, so I was curious as to what these references are.

You have to keep in mind that:

1. I've only been using Sitefinity 5.4, since last Wednesday.
2. While my knowledge of 3.7 SP4 was very solid, this is a total different environment to what I'm used to.
3. I am trying to convert a very broken site, created by a third party promotion company, masquerading, as a software developer, who in reality handed the code off to a dozen or so Indian developers, all of whom had no clue as to how, then Sitefinity 3.7, worked.
4. All automatic and manual attempts to convert the site has failed. I am left with the only option to rebuild the bloody thing, file by file, page by page, as I can't convert this digital pile of bovine residue.
5. NOBODY in the office, where I work, knows anything to do with C#.Net, ASP.Net or anything else related to web technology. The closest thing I have is a bloke who works in Sharepoint.
6. To top it all off, I'm already stressed, and I've been sent home once already, due to concerns about suicidal behaviour, due to extreme work frustration (ie. Going nuts, not knowing how to program this stuff, with nobody to help me)

So Yay ME!!... and please forgive my ignorance. I've only been at this for like 4 days.

This thread is closed