Looking for a navigation control widget designer example

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:53

Looking for a navigation control widget designer example

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Mar-2013 00:00

Does anyone have an example of a navigation widget designer similar to what Sitefinity uses?  I want to put together a custom navigation control to get cleaner markup for use in responsive scenarios.

I am aware of ShadowNav and the VerticalMenu examples that are floating around, but I am not a fan of how you select which page nodes to use with ShadowNav and the VerticalMenu example I am looking at does not have a designer included.

If any of you are familiar with the Foundation framework (Zurb) and I am sure some of you are...I would like to put together a nav control similar to how they generate theirs.

Another somewhat naive question:  I have seen some examples of nav controls using a usercontrol approach while others are inheriting SimpleView.  What is the reason for going with one over the other? (guessing SimpleView is more for creating your own assemblies?)

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Please take a look at these forum threads:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/creating-custom-navigation-control-designer

www.sitefinity.com/.../custom-navigation-questions

I hope that you will find them useful.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed