Permissions to Upload Images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:14

Permissions to Upload Images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am using Sitefinity 5.3.3900. I created a Role, "TestImages". This role has the following Library permissions:  screencast.com/.../9AIZBZPrUgK

I can create libraries. If I create a library, I can upload a file to it. However, once that file is uploaded, and I go back to the Images view, I cannot upload another image to this directory. The button "Upload Image" never appears. What am I missing here? What permissions need to be set to enable uploading? I would have thought it was the modify image permission, but, this doesn't seem to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried creating entirely new users and roles with only these permissions to try to weed out any deny permissions being assigned to a specific user/role. What permissions do I have to set to ensure a user can see the Upload Images button in the backend (screencast.com/.../mO7JqXn3)

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Perhaps I didn't give enough information?

I've shown my library permissions for my role in the post above (screencast.com/.../9AIZBZPrUgK).

The permissions for the library I am referring to are as follows: screencast.com/.../s5rNYIwJFbeu. As you can see, my role has permissions to modify this library.

I would expect that this would give me the button. It doesn't.

It's not until I grant permissions to edit the default library that I get the upload button... ugh.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Travis,

The behaviour that you are encountering is actually fixed in 5.4, as it appears that it was a bug, which our teams have handled. What I would suggest you would be to upgrade to our current latest version of the CMS, in order to get the desired functionality working.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed