Creating Field control with selector for dynamic items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:51

Creating Field control with selector for dynamic items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

I created 2 modules using Module Builder: Projects and Testimonials.

I need to be able to select and display one or more testimonials in the project contents.

So I followed the instructions from Creating Field control with selector for dynamic items article to create a custom field of Array of GUIDs. So now in the project content, I can select from the existing testimonials easily.

But I couldn't find a way to display those selected testimonials. And unfortunately I couldn't find any reference on the subject neither on Sitefinity forums, Google nor StackOverflow.

<%# Eval("ProjectTestimonial")%>
basically prints System.Guid[] and nothing else.

Could you point me to direction for displaying the content of the selected content? Or an example perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

This is regarding v5.4

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

I also noticed the new field is not available in Widget Templates > Edit template editors.

I removed the field and created with a different name, didn't change anything.

So, more likely I am missing something, :) but what?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

We have answered you on the support ticket you have opened. You could share the solution with the community once the problem is resolved.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2013 00:00

could either of you update this thread with the solution proposed by the ticket?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

We introduced Hierarchical modules with the Sitefinity 5.1 Module Builder release. You could use them to created the functionality you want. More information about hierarchical content items could be found here:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/editing-content-types-and-their-hierarchy

If your module has more than one content type, you can have either a flat structure – all content types are on one level, or you can have hierarchy, some content types are parents of other content types. You choose the parent of a content type when you create it, but you can change this parent when you edit the content type.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed