Pass information between MVC widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:37

Pass information between MVC widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

Is there an easy way to pass information between MVC widgets...

I have a widget with a list of inventory items for a logged in user and would like to give them the ability to post from their inventory page to our order review page.

Since it seems we don't have access to the Redirect to action methods we cant use the ViewBag or TempData objects on the inventory controller and redirect to the review order controller.

And I can post from one sitefinity page to another without the viewstate complaining. I was wondering if there is a simple and clean way to do this without having to rely on cookies or session variables.

I've been googling this and havent found any results but dont think we can be the only ones with this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

The usage of RedirectoToAction in Sitefintiy doesn`t perform redirect to the controller designated in the RedirectToAction method because of this bug.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

This is a pretty significant issue, is there a workaround in place?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

There is no workaround for the moment. Apologies for the inconvenience. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi

I'm using Sitefinity 6.3, and MVC.

I tried to click on the link in this post to the bug but that link does not work anymore.

We are trying to do a RedirectToAction but nothing happens, I assume its because of this issue, is there any progress on this perhaps? 

When I create a blank MCV project, it works perfectly, so its definitely something with Sitefinity specifically.

Kind Regards

Gerrit

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

You could follow the bug in our new Feedback Portal on the following URL. There is no workaround available at the moment. I hope that the problem will be fixed soon. You could follow the item in order to receive notifications if the status of the item is changed. Once it is fixed it will be marked as Done.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Stefani

Thank you, I will follow that issue on the portal.

Kind Regards

This thread is closed