External templates for Dynamic Modules

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:09

External templates for Dynamic Modules

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Team,
Is it already possible to have external templates configured for Dynamic Modules?

When I entered a path in the TemplatePath property of a Dynamic Module widget, nothing happens, which probably means it is not implemented yet.
Settings i have done from below paths
Advance->ControlDefination->Views
Please let us know how to add external template to a dynamic module. Its too urgent, please...

Thanks in advance!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi TK Interactive,

It is possible from version 5.4 (at least in my experience).
Which version are you using?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

I can confirm that it  works in 5.4. If you are using previous versions, you can try the approach suggested here:http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/external-templates-for-dynamic-modules

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi
I am currently using SF 5.4.4010.0 version, but in this version it is not working. Please suggest.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

What template are you trying to change the MasterView or the DetailView?

I have successfully got this working by creating a user control, pasting the template for the Master View, extending it with codebehind and then configuring the path to the template. 

What is the exact nature of your problem: The path does not persist or code behind is not getting executed?

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed