Unable to move config files to virtual directory

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:08

Unable to move config files to virtual directory

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

I'm having an odd problem. I wanted to move our config files to a virtual directory so deploys of the checked-in versions wouldn't wipe out changes. However, when I move the files and set up the virtual directory, I'm presented with a blank page with nothing but the Sitefinity admin background image. Is this possible with Sitefinity 5.4?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

A little more information: The /app_data/sitefinity/config files don't need to be in the project, but apparently they all can't be in a virtual directory. Sitefinity's definitely reading some of the files.

Is there a reason we can't access all of the config files from a virtual directory?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2013 00:00

This ended up being a permissions issue. It's working fine.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

I am glad to hear that everything is working on your side. Please note that it is important the ASP.NET Worker process  or NETWORK SERVICE accounts to have full access( or at least read/write permissions) over App_Data folder.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

My last reply was a little premature--we couldn't get this completely working and had to roll back.

Using localsystem as our app pool user, we are unable to get this working on a development machine. In our test environment, we were able to get this working, but then the migration module broke, saying it could not register the MigrationModuleConfig.config file. 

This is a big point of frustration, since deploys wipe out environment specific changes to the config files, and there is no documentation I could find on how to switch the configs to be run from the DB for an existing project.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

Regarding the MigrationModuleConfig.config file you have opened a support ticket, if the solution provided from us has helped you could share it with the community.

Further information about how to move configurations to database could be found in this blog post.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed