Custom Layout widgets = Page goes Blank

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:57

Custom Layout widgets = Page goes Blank

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

We've created a number of custom layout widgets and, when used on a page they work perfectly. However, if I create a new Template ('Content with Right Column') which is based on another template ('Content Basic') which is based on our master page ('Basic'), and then use this template for a page the page renders blank on the front end.

In the back end it appears and I'm able to add content to it. Try and view it and the ENTIRE page is blank. Even in the HTML there's no rendered HTML.

The normal asp.net stuff renders including the following Sitefinity div wrapper:

<div class="sfPublicWrapper" id="PublicWrapper">   </div>

We use two types of layout widgets which enables us to make use of a grid system. The first layout widget has the following code:
<div runat="server" class="container_12 clearfix">
    <div runat="server" class="sf_colsIn sf_1col_1in_100">
    </div>
</div>

This would render a full width 'row' type container into which one would need to add column layout panels such as the following:
<div runat="server" class="grid_8">
    <div runat="server" class="sf_colsIn sf_2cols_1in_50">
    </div>
</div>
<div runat="server" class="grid_4">
    <div runat="server" class="sf_colsIn sf_2cols_2in_50">
    </div>
</div>

Note: If applied to pages, instead of to templates, these layout widgets seem to work fine. I'm only seeing the problem when I use them in the templates first.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2013 00:00

It almost seems like this isn't related to the custom layout widgets. I just created another template "Based" on my master page template then tried to use it on the site. Page comes out blank. Not sure why??

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Jacques,

I have replied in the support ticket.  

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed