Extending the checkout widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:41

Extending the checkout widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2013 00:00

I would like to be able to on order being placed intercept this function run some logic then have the order proceed as normal. I am trying the same logic I used to extend the registration form however I can not get that logic to work for the checkout process.

Has anyone done this or have any insights into getting this done?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Rick,

I hope today finds you well.

If you want complete control over the checkout process I'd urge you to take a look at our open source one-page-checkout example. The blog post can be found here. And source is on Git Hub.

Additionally you can hook into the pre-process order event. Our documentation for this is here. It fires before the order is placed. In short it's like this:

public class Global : System.Web.HttpApplication
    protected void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)

Bootstrapper.Initialized += new EventHandler<Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs>(Bootstrapper_Initialized);

private void Bootstrapper_Initialized(object sender, Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ExecutedEventArgs e)

if (e.CommandName == "Bootstrapped")

EcommerceEvents.PreProcessOrder += new EcommerceEvents.OnPreProcessOrder(EcommerceEvents_PreProcessOrder);

private OrderValidator EcommerceEvents_PreProcessOrder(Guid cartOrderId, CheckoutState checkoutState, Customer customer)

OrderValidator validator = new OrderValidator();
        validator.IsOrderValid = true;
        validator.StatusMessage = "Order is valid";

return validator;

The documentation also includes information on all of our event methods.

I hope this helps. Greetings,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed