Sytem is restarting after clicked rebuild

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:04

Sytem is restarting after clicked rebuild

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

I have been doing some testing on my system using 5.4. I accidentally hit the rebuild button and not the build button now when i view my project it gives me the "the system is restarting" message. I cant figure out where to go from here

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Ian,

I hope today finds you well.

Close out visual studio and stop your IIS processes. Create a fresh project in your current version, copy the Bin directory of the new project into the Bin directory of your current project. Open visual studio and build.
Rebuild may remove referenced assemblies from your bin folder (this is fixed in sitefnity 6.0 which will be released in april) and you either have to add them back to the bin folder or move all of the assemblie references from bin to another folder (for example 'lib') this way they won`t be removed during rebuild or the project.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed