Module Builder - Internal Page Link Field

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:55

Module Builder - Internal Page Link Field

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Is there any way a field can be created to allow a user to select a page internally and save it's Guid using module builder?

E.g. I want to create custom content for a mega menu i'm building and was hoping to do this by using the module builder - to do so one of the fields on the module would need to link back to a created page.

Joel,

I've done this before...and I think this post helped me accomplished it.

Worked perfectly! Thanks Tim!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Are there any plans to add a link field that would let you choose internal links and externen links like the linkmanager and save the urls?

This would be very convenient.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

If I understand correct you want a page selector field available out of the box with modules created by Module Builder. Please note that you could create Page selector, Document Selector, Image selector, Video selector and Dynamic Content selector easily using our Thunder module. More information could be found in our documentation.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Stefania

Yes 

I often use Module Builder for rotating images and two things would be nice if they came out of the box.

#1 is the PageSelector where you can choose links to external and internal pages
#2 is the option to get an image URL easely in a widget designer
     (at the moment I create a code behind and extract it)

Even though a lot of stuff can be easely done with thunder its still some work to be done on every project if you need it. Like addresses now comming out of the box the page (link) selector would be a nice addition.

Will have a look at your link. Don't know if its the same with images that I would somehow try to get the URL out of it but I will give it a try next week.

Thank's and have a good weekend.

Markus

Hi Markus,

I'd be happy to send you the project file and steps to get what you're after working - i implemented it into a recent project with the assistance of Telerik Support. It's not 100% perfect, but it does the job. 

When i'm back at work (i'm currently off sick) i'll post a guide for you!

Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

@stefani

a) Link procuces a 404
b) yes I would want it out of the box. How about a PITS feature request

@Joel

Hope you get well soon. mb @ marktold.com is my e-mail. would be interested 

@all

Anyone can screencast me something on how to use thunder to work with my SF generated custom module? 

Is see templates and widget templates but, or register custom modules but not how to work with already generated custom modules (SF generated modules)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi MarKus,

I am very new in sitefinity [using version 6.3 at the moment]. Now i also needs to  add a field in my custom module to link to a page internally.Let me know if you have success in creating the field

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

In Sitefinity 6.3 you could create Page selector field for your dynamic module easily using our Thunder module. More information could be found in our documentation.

In Sitefinity 7.0 there is an out of the box page selector field. You could create a related data field and be able to link your internal pages. With “Related Data” Custom fields, users can easily create associations between content in Sitefinity:

• Relating to Dynamic Content Types
  • Relating to Pages
  • Relating to Static Content (News, Blogs, Blog Posts, etc.)

For your convenience please review the following screenshot.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Thanks Stefani. The documentation is stating about aray of guid while i needed a single url selector.I know about 7.0 supports page selector field out of the box but Because of still existence od some critical bug [image library order] I can't move to 7.0

It could be very helpful if some one direct me to precisely 6.3 version example of single guid field selector for  url and how to integrate it in my application. What currently i have did is take a short text field in my dynamic module for future integration with page selector sort of field

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello kamii47,

We have answered your question in the following forum thread. Everyone who is interested in the Page Selector implementation for Sitefinity 6.3 and bellow for dynamic modules or other content items, could follow the above link, as well.
I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed