Update Documentation and Marketplace for Sitefinity 5x / 6x

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:24

Update Documentation and Marketplace for Sitefinity 5x / 6x

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2013 00:00

I have noticed a lot of Sitefinity 3.x documentation, marketplace entries, blogs, etc being very accessible while getting information on Sitefinity 5x+ is difficult.   I understand Sitefinity 6x was just released.   Navagate through the marketplace, and documentation and notice how little support there is for newer versions of Sitefinity.  

Example:   
     www.sitefinity.com/.../developers-guide
     Developers Guide last revised date - 15 December 2011

Are there plans to version the community resources and documentation for the newer versions of Sitefinity?   What is the best way to filter videos, documentation and marketplace entries for the current versions of sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2013 00:00

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your suggestions to the team.

You should know that even though the Developers Guide may say it hasn't been updated since Dec 2011, I can assure you that it has. It is constantly being updated and contains all the information for the latest release. There is also an RSS feed you can subscribe to with the latest document changes.

There are no plans to 'version' the blogs or forums as the majority of them still apply to the latest version. For example there are several blog posts about extending widgets by customizing the widget template. These were written for version 4.x but are still perfectly valid for version 6.0. So filtering out something because it was written for an earlier version could make you miss the solution you need.

We try to keep the marketplace up to date as quickly as possible except for third party items which are beyond our control.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed