What happened to keeping Sitefinity in Sync with the rest of

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:11

What happened to keeping Sitefinity in Sync with the rest of telerik?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

I'm happy OA is synced, that's great, but we're like OVER 1/2 a year behind every other telerik product.  6.0 is released, we're 5 months into 2013, next release likely 2-3 months away.

But we're using 2012 versions of RadControls, Kendo, Reporting.
...there are things in these releases we'd like to use you know :p

My experience has been with many years of updating sites on RadControls, not a whole ton breaks,  More often than not you're just providing us with BUG fixes.  So if you're gonna go run all your unit tests to validate, why not start using at least something remotely recent and polish off the couple bugs you encounter :/

Hello Steve,

Thank for sharing your thoughts for us :) 

This is actually the first time when we are "out of sync" - the reason for it is that we had just two months to accomplish the 6.0 release. We've spoken before, but this release would have been impossible without focus. So, we've put everything aside, including the upgrade of the RadControls. We are going to upgrade them for the next major release for sure (or for the service pack). Upgrading all the controls may seem as an easy thing, but we still have to check the whole Sitefinity after it. 

Isn't there an option for you to upgrade the controls manually in such cases? I know this is not perfect, but it's still doable whenever you need the latest stuff?

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Well the only thing we talked about is that OA is the only thing promised to sync, which is why I posted :p

Well I am using the latest Kendo (on the front-end)...but I'd prefer the safety of the latest RadControls running through your 72,000 unit tests ;) ...and reporting, look they finally came out with a charting engine that doesn't suck badly, and next release will have a toolbar which *should* be lightweight...really want those things

This thread is closed