RadTreeView - Having a expand collapse node without any page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:22

RadTreeView - Having a expand collapse node without any page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

I just wanted to create a left navigation of below structure.

Head 1        [Clicking head1 should expand and show its child. Head1 will not have any page]
> child 1      [actual page]
> child 2      [actual page]
Head 2        [Similar to head1]
> child 1      [actual page]
> child 2      [actual page]

I tried to use sitefinity's Navigation control, selected RadTreeView for the template.

Can I achieve something  similar to the one present in demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-May-2013 00:00

I found the setting that caused group page, to redirect to a child page
X  Group pages redirect to the first subpage
The above option is turned off and RadtreeView works as expected.

Now the problem is, when user clicks on the Group page in the Navigation, it gets highlighted. Class name ".rtSelected" is added to every node I click.

Can this highlighting be stopped and I want to retain the selection to be on the actual page that is shown in the browser.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hello David,

I tested the navigation behavior and if you have a group page with child pages, and your navigation is configured to "Group pages redirect to the first subpage", the rtSelected class is added to the child node, which is opened when you go to the group page. Wasn't that what you want to achieve?

Kind regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2013 00:00

Hi Jen,
I didn't want the group page to redirect me to first child page, as I have external links, redirecting page as child page.
I figured that out :). I unchecked the option in the Navigation widget property. [You can see my 2nd reply]

Now, I dont want group page to have "rtSelected" class, when I click on it.
I want "rtSelected" to applied to just child page/actual pages.
 i.e., the selection/Highlight should be retained on page that is currently displayed.

Please check the leftside naviagtion control in this link for the behaviour that I expect
demos.telerik.com/.../defaultcs.aspx

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2013 00:00

Hello David,

Actually, what has to be done is to remove the rtsSelected class with javaScript, once it is set (because it gets set always). Following the demo you showed me, I came up with this sample. Create an ascx file in your project, which will be a custom template for your RadTreeView navigation. Here's the markup:

<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="RadTreeViewTemplate.ascx.cs" Inherits="SitefinityWebApp.TemplateMapping.RadTreeViewTemplate" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.SiteMapNavigations" TagPrefix="sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="SitefinityWebApp" Namespace="SitefinityWebApp.customWidgets" TagPrefix="custom" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" TagPrefix="sf" %>
<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
    <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
</sf:ResourceLinks>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var cachedSelectedNode;
    function ClientNodeClicked(sender, args)
        var node = args.get_node(),
        $element = $(node.get_element()),
        $selectedNodeElement;
        if (node.get_nodes().get_count() > 0 && !node.get_expanded())
            node.expand();
        else
            node.collapse();
        if (node.get_nodes().get_count() > 0 && cachedSelectedNode)
            $element.find('div.rtSelected').removeClass("rtSelected");
            $selectedNodeElement = $(cachedSelectedNode.get_element());
            $selectedNodeElement.find('div').addClass("rtSelected");

function ClientNodeClicking(sender, args)
        if (!cachedSelectedNode)
            cachedSelectedNode = sender.get_selectedNode();

</script>

<sitefinity:SiteMapNavigationTreeView runat="server" ID="RTV" OnClientNodeClicked="ClientNodeClicked" OnClientNodeClicking="ClientNodeClicking" />

Then enter the relative path to the custom template in the Design settings of the navigation. Now it should work as expected.

All the best,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2013 00:00

Hi Jen,
The script works marvelously.
But I expected that there will be some simple property to enable/disable highlight onclick.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
David

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2013 00:00

You're welcome, David! :)

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed