SSO with Sitefinity and existing ASP.Net sites

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:15

SSO with Sitefinity and existing ASP.Net sites

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2013 00:00

Hi, I wonder if anyone has implemented SSO with non-Sitefinity sites.   The examples in the documentation are for multiple Sitefinity sites, not ordinary ASP.Net.  I have two older ASP.Net sites that are currently implementing SSO using forms authentication that I want to update to have single sign-on with a new Sitefinity site.  It looks like claims authentication should be a reasonable solution, but it's not apparent to me how to implement claims authentication in standard ASP.Net 3.5 or 4.0 that points to a Sitefinity site as the STS, or uses the same STS.  I do not see that SF implements WS federation, so the VS wizard for connecting to an STS doesn't seem to apply.  Can I do this with ordinary WIF claims authentication on the relying sites? Do I need to reference Sitefinity classes to use the token? Do I need to create a separate STS for all of the sites?

We just hook into the logged in event in sitefinity and add the forms auth cookies manually...seems to work here :)

Saves a custom STS and converting existing sites to claims.

if (e.CommandName == "Bootstrapped")

EventHub.Subscribe<ILoginCompletedEvent>(new SitefinityEventHandler<ILoginCompletedEvent>(OnLogin_Completed));

protected void OnLogin_Completed(ILoginCompletedEvent loginEvent)

switch (loginEvent.LoginResult)

case UserLoggingReason.Success:
                    //Setup SSO Bits
                    LoginClaims.OnLoggedIn(loginEvent.Username, HttpContext.Current);

break;

So this lets me integrate with Alfresco (Java based), Telligent Community Server (bloated POS .NET community software), and a plain old asp.net webapp.

Thanks! seems reasonable, especially short term.  With other sites that I may be integrating next year I'd still love to know if claims auth could be made to work.

I'm relatively new to Sitefinity.  My SF project didn't have a global.asax, so I wasn't sure at first how to hook into this until I looked at some of the dev samples.  Is there anything special I need to know about adding a global.asax?

This thread is closed