SEO Sitemap Generator doesn't work

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:00

SEO Sitemap Generator doesn't work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2013 00:00

Downloaded SEO Sitemap Generator from www.sitefinity.com/.../seo-sitemap-generator-. Unpacked, installed dll into bin folder of site's root directory. got this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies.
The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Description: An unhandled
exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please
review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it
originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or
assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located
assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

An unhandled
exception was generated during the execution of the current web request.
Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be
identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
determine why the assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]   EF.SitemapGenerator.Initialization.InitializeRoutine.PreAppStartMethod() +0 [InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method PreAppStartMethod on type EF.SitemapGenerator.Initialization.InitializeRoutine threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).]   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +677 [HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method PreAppStartMethod on type EF.SitemapGenerator.Initialization.InitializeRoutine threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity, Version=5.4.4010.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).]   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9090988   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

my site runs in 5.4.4

pls help

Inna,

There are different builds of 5.4. You'll need to make sure the version of the Sitemap Generator you're using is the correct one for your specific build.

Another way to fix the situation is to do some assembly binding in the web.config. Steve put up an excellent post on how to do it.

Tim, thank you. And I really would like to make sure the version of the Sitemap Generator I am using is the correct one for my specific build. However, I see here only one version of sitemap www.sitefinity.com/.../seo-sitemap-generator- available. So, how do I make sure? And, for me, the simplier, the better - I just would love to put the dll into the bin folder and the map works - as promised in the instructions.

Also, Tim, if there is no such thing as just painlessly adding the dll into the bin folder and it
works as promised and i still have to add the code into webconfig, is
this code all i should add (without any modifications) and a specific
place?

<runtime>     <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">         <dependentAssembly>             <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral"/>             <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion=""/>         </dependentAssembly>         <dependentAssembly>             <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model" publicKeyToken="b28c218413bdf563" culture="neutral"/>             <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion=""/>         </dependentAssembly>         <dependentAssembly>             <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Web.UI" publicKeyToken="121fae78165ba3d4" culture="neutral"/>             <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-65535.65535.65535.65535" newVersion=""/>         </dependentAssembly>     </assemblyBinding> </runtime>

Inna,

There are 2 versions of the generator (for 5.4) in that .zip archive; one for 5.4 pre-hotfixes and one for 5.4 Hotfix 1. There's another version of 5.4, Hotfix 2, that I don't see a corresponding dll for. That being the case, it might be a lot easier to simply go the assembly binding route.

To check which version you're running, here's a knowledge base article that should help.

Inna,

You'll need to fill in the "newVersion" parts. In the article, below the code block, there are instructions on how to find the values you'll need.

Tim, you are right. I run 5.4.4 but previously installed 5.4 hotfix. it crashed. i now installed the correct one (hopefully)  - 5.4. It doesn't crash the site, but it doesn't appear in the admin section either. do i have to recompile the site for it to start working?

Inna,

I don't believe so. At least, it doesn't say anything in the installation instructions.

If it doesn't show up, under Administration -> Sitemap Generator, try restarting Sitefinity. You can do that by making a small, arbitrary change in the web.config or recycling the application pool the site is running on. Maybe that will get things going again.

Oh, I see. Thank you for your patience, Tim. Restarting the pool helped. I see the map. Is there any manual on how to make it available as an external page - for the users?

Inna,

I'm not familiar with how the Sitemap Generator actually works. It might be a widget that you're able to drop on a page or it might be a URL that you need to view with your browser.

For more specific information on it, I'd shoot an email over to the creator and see if they can help.

Thank you, Tim

Inna,

No problem at all. If you have a moment to spare, could you mark my answers as helpful? I'd really appreciate it! :)

This thread is closed