You are not allowed to modify this page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:31

You are not allowed to modify this page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Hi,
Currently working on Sitefinity project. I have a replicated DB from live in my desktop running in  my source code. I tried to edit a page in hit Publish but it doesn't allow me to edit it.

Saying, "You are not allowed to modify this page: Signature Events"

I have check my user account and find out it's an administrator account.
So the question is how is this happen, can someone help me please?

I just notice that you can only modify the pages or content directly from live site, but when i backup and restored the DB in my desktop then tried to edit a page or content it wont allow me. Please help!

Regards,
Arvin

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2013 00:00

Hi Tim,

Make sure that your application pool's identity is owner of the DB and scheme - see image for reference. Additionally provide it read/write permissions for the project's folder.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2015 00:00

Any additional thoughts on this? I have the exact same scenario when I just moved my SF 4.1 site to a new server. I have made my AppPool user dbo and given that user full access to the site files, but I am also still getting this error. Nothing in the error logs either.

This thread is closed