Sitefinity 6 Event Location

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:01

Sitefinity 6 Event Location

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-May-2013 00:00

Ran into a bit of an issue, which i'm not entirely sure if i'm missing something or if it's by design.

Sitefinity 6 introduced an Address field, which from what i can tell is only usable by dynamic modules. The built in event type seems to store it's location as text fields, and I cannot create a custom field using the Address type in the built in events module.

Is there a way i can use the Address field in the Event module instead of having to replicate a bunch of functionality in my own dynamic module?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2013 00:00

Hi Joel,

Thnak you for using our services.

That's a tough one, as you properly pointed out, the Address field type is currently available only for our ModuleBuilder dynamic modules. Thank you very much for pointing out the need for having this functionality present in the Events module as well, we'll definitely take this suggestion into consideration when planning our implementation for the upcomign releases.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2014 00:00

Dear Boyan

I am using the event module for the first time in 6.3 and the full event list does

a) not show the location
b) has no option to show map

Am I missing something or is Sitefinity still missing something?

Markus

This thread is closed