Ecommerce ProductImage

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:18

Ecommerce ProductImage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-May-2013 00:00

Hi all

Because that we are selling ads in the ecommerce shop, we need to change the product image when the user is adding a product to the ecommerce cart. We do not want to save the image directly on the product (the product image must be the same when the next user is buying the product)), but only give the product a new image for the current user in his cart. Would that be possible? or will it also change the image on the product?

Kind regards and thanks in advance :-)
Henrik dk 

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Anyone knows about this?
Kind regards
Henrik

Hi Hendrik,

Not quite sure if I understand it, but I think if the image inside the cart is also the same for every user (like the main product image), you can maybe create a custom field and link an image to each product that you want to show up inside the shopping cart.

Then you need to implement some logic to override the image inside the shopping cart.

I think you can do this by creating your own template and hook up on the ItemDataBound event. There you have the Product object so you can find and replace the image.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hi Henrik,

Check out this documentation on creating custom fields for the CartOrder object.

A lot of people use this method for "gift messages" and such but I imagine it could be used to persist a temporary image to the cart order object. You would then need to update your widgets to reference it.

Here's some documentation on how to persist these new fields as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2013 00:00

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply, I think this was what we were looking for

Best regards
Henrik

This thread is closed