Azure ACS with Sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:03

Azure ACS with Sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2013 00:00

Hi! Im new at sitefinity and Im currently trying to migrate an existing asp.net mvc 3 project to a clean sitefinity project. Im wondering if there will be complications integrating a basic setup of Azure ACS as describe from the link: www.windowsazure.com/.../. The reason Im asking is that there is a section from the web.config of the sitefinity project as:   <microsoft.identityModel>
    <service>
      <claimsAuthenticationManager type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SFClaimsAuthenticationManager, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
      <securityTokenHandlers>
        <add type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SWT.SWTSecurityTokenHandler, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
      </securityTokenHandlers>
      <audienceUris mode="Never"/>
      <federatedAuthentication>
        <wsFederation passiveRedirectEnabled="true" issuer="http://localhost" realm="http://localhost" requireHttps="false"/>
        <cookieHandler requireSsl="false"/>
      </federatedAuthentication>
      <issuerNameRegistry type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.CustomIssuerNameRegistry, Telerik.Sitefinity">
        <trustedIssuers/>
      </issuerNameRegistry>
      <issuerTokenResolver type="Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SWT.WrapIssuerTokenResolver, Telerik.Sitefinity"/>
    </service>
  </microsoft.identityModel>.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-May-2013 00:00

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for using our services.
  Unfortunately the OAuth protocol is not supported in its cleanest form in Sitefinity and the ACS connection will not work out of the box. However, there is a chance that a custom implementation might do this. The first way for this to happen is to use the Sitefinity STS and to delegate through it the requests to ACS. The other way is to entirely skip the Sitefinity STS and call ACS directly, but in that case some of the Sitefinity handlers should be overriden and the login process should be customly implemented.
Let me know if I can be of further help to you on this matter.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

I just got the Sitefinity:

www.sitefinity.com/.../SitefinityTrialSetup_2014.04.exe

and I was exploring the options to make "login via Azure" possible. However, there is no source code exposed (neither for Sitefinity nor for Sitefinity STS) to hack into, thus I could not follow the following approaches:

www.sitefinity.com/.../single-sign-on-between-sitefinity-and-3rd-party-applications-part-2-using-wif

Any recommendations?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Hello Tod,

You may also take a look at the following blog post for more details on how you can implement SSO between Sitefinity and third party applications.

Here is also a link to the github where you can download and try out the OauthAuthentication extension which extends Sitefinity's internal login widget to support external authentication providers.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed