Classic mode with Azure ACS + WIF

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:06

Classic mode with Azure ACS + WIF

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2013 00:00

Hi. I have an asp.net mvc application that I want to move to Sitefinity. I'm wondering if it is possible to use Azure ACS + WIF for my asp.net mvc application in classic mode (side by side) with the existing authentication system for the back office of Sitefinity? Would it require to switch Sitefinity to forms authentication for the back office in order to have Azure ACS + WIF side by side in my asp.net mvc app? What would be the steps to accomplish this with Sitefinity? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andrew,

I responded to you in your support ticket. Here's my answer from there:
Unfortunately the OAuth protocol is not supported in its cleanest form in Sitefinity and the ACS connection will not work out of the box. However, there is a chance that a custom implementation might do this. The first way for this to happen is to use the Sitefinity STS and to delegate through it the requests to ACS. The other way is to entirely skip the Sitefinity STS and call ACS directly, but in that case some of the Sitefinity handlers should be overriden and the login process should be customly implemented.
 We are also working on an example that will show how to integrate Sitefinity with facebook login, so it might be helpful for you when it comes out.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2013 00:00

Can you give an example or guide on how to  entirely skip the Sitefinity STS and call ACS directly? I already set up ACS on a asp.net mvc controller in classic mode. How would Sitefinity STS be skipped when ACS ridirects to this controller?

Could I also just overwrite the Sitefinity Authentication Module? I tried using the federated authentication module instead of the custom SitefinityAuthenticationModule but was not able to due to system out of memory exception.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andrew,

In the feature there will be an integration with the most popular public authentication providers. Please see the feature request in PITS on the following URL.  Under the feature request there is a solution from a client. However please note that this solution is not tested.

There is also a forum that might be useful in your case. Please review it. 

Furthermore, you could review the following blog post where you will find additional information:

www.sitefinity.com/.../single-sign-on-between-sitefinity-and-3rd-party-applications-part-1---the-basics

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed