How to Hide Field in Dynamic Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:56

How to Hide Field in Dynamic Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

When you first create a field in a dynamic module, you are given the option to select whether it is hidden or not. This option is not there for fields after the module has been created. I would like to hide a field that was previously created, but not completely delete it. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Melyssa

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Can I hand-edit the DynamicModulesConfig.config file, possibly? Any hint would be much appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Melyssa,

You can set the is_Hidded property of the field in the database to 1, which will do the job. Then go to the dynamic module, open the type and resave it, which will cause a restart of the module and the change should get applied. I have attached an image for your convenience. The property is in the sf_mb_dynamic_module_field table. To disable the field for the front-end, you will need to manually remove it from the template of the dynamic module widget or remove it from the configurations. However, if you choose the second approach, the field will be written again in the configurations, every time you update the module(resave it), so maybe the first approach is better for you.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

A great future feature would be if fields are completely editable. Or at the very least I would like to see all settings applied to a field. Right now one can't see which field control has been configured for the field, for example.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

One I want the most is the ability to change the selector...so if I make something a shortext, then decide on an enhanced editing experience later it's easy to update it for the user.

This thread is closed