Field Selector for Events

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:51

Field Selector for Events

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jun-2013 00:00

Is there any way to add a custom field using a field control selector for the events module, much like the tutorial shown below?

www.sitefinity.com/.../creating-field-control-with-selector-for-dynamic-items

I'm trying to link custom content to an event, which will need to be selected, but can't seem to find the right control to do so!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Joel,

I think this blog post will help you do so.

Hey Arno,

That article seems to be explaining how to link dynamic types where as I'm trying to link an inbuilt type (events) to a dynamic type. The problem is whenever I attempt to add a custom field to an event, i cannot select an array of Guid's as a field type. The Advanced option seems to just get replaced by an Unknown option (see screenshots for reference)

Any thoughts?

Hi Joel,

Theoretically you should be able to select array of GUIDs and then specify a custom field control (to be created as explained in the link you provided) that allows selection of your dynamic type. But I have no idea why it would display "Unknown". Your control is compiled, right? Otherwise Sitefinity does not know it exists. I'm sure Telerik support will be able to help you out.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Jeol,

Thank you for contacting us.

I think you should be able to achieve your scenario by modifying this blog post:How to Create a MultiPage Field Control in Sitefinity. Change the service to work with events - Services/Content/EventService.svc

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed