Telerik Reporting way out of date

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:37

Telerik Reporting way out of date

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2013 00:00

When is the version of reporting going to be updated as currently it is running version 6.2.12.1017 which is Q3 2012 even in Sitefinity 6? 
My company cannot use it unless it is up to date as we already began developing reports and it appears there are major changes between Q3 2012 and the latest version.  We do not want to develope on an old version just so they work in sitefinity and then have to redo the reports once Sitefinity gets up to speed with their own product.
I thought at one time Telerik had stated that sitefinity would be released with all new revisions of their controls in order to allow for developers to keep up to date?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Bobby,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The development process of new version of our product takes months before it is officially released and this is the main reason for the Telerik Reporting version used in 6.0. If we put the newest version of Telerik Reporting without any testing it can easily lead to unexpected behaviour and because of this we need more time before update it. I think that you have to use the old version at this time, but I am having a note and I will forward your inquiry to our development team.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@Bobby
"I thought at one time Telerik had stated that sitefinity would be released with all new revisions of their controls in order to allow for developers to keep up to date?"

Yes, I remember them saying that as well, damned if I can remember where though.  However after 6 was released and **EVERY** telerik product outside of OA was stuck on Q3 2012 (or earlier) I inquired about it and they said they only promised OpenAccess would sync....which sucks.

Steve

@Kayolan

Just out of curiosity - where does Sitefinity use Reporting?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

@Markus
  I believe eComm uses it?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

@Markus 

Steve is absolutely right. We are using Reporting in the Ecommerce module.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed