How to filter News without any classifications?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:33

How to filter News without any classifications?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

hi,

I am looking into the ways to update the News widget's advanced settings for the FilterExpression field.

I need to display the news entries without any Tags assigned, or another widget to display News entries without any categories assigned.

I understand FilterExpression could have something like this to filter News by a certain tag:

Tags.Contains("4EEA167D-71D0-4332-9057-D550E2738076") AND Visible = true AND Status = Live

See www.sitefinity.com/.../lvHGE0fJikSqDMjFRW1M-A

What expression filters un-tagged or un-categorized posts?

Thanks,

Osman 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Osman,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can modify the filter expression to use Tags.Count =0 this way you will get the items that have not tags for example, like so: Visible = true AND Status = Live AND Tags.Count = 0 the same will work for categories. You can find some additional filter expression samples here:Filter Expressions for Sitefinity Content Items

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2013 00:00

Thank you Atanas.

It works like a charm. And thanks for the extra bonus for the link for the additional filter expression samples. Great help!

I would love to see an official repository for the tips like this, API documentation for the existing features, etc.
IMO, the documentation microsite is good but not really enough.

Cheers,
Osman

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The team is hard at work improving the documentation portal with more samples and real world example, so all feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed