News full content view

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:18

News full content view

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2013 00:00

Is there a way to get the news to dynamically create a page for each article and when you click the article in list view it takes you to the full view? Currently it just loads into the same page and looks bad.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Ian,

I hope I have understood your scenario correctly. To archive it you can use two news widgets on two pages. On the first page you can display the list of news articles and on the second page you can display them when they are clicked. In order do archive this you have to change the "ContentViewDisplayMode" property on the news widgets. On the widget that will display the list of news you have to change the value from "Automatic" to "Master". On the other widget you have to change the value from "Automatic" to "Detail".

In the following link you can find a short video demonstrating how to set this functionality, please refer to it for more detailed information. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

http://screencast.com/t/6L9G3J5T

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2013 00:00

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I tried this method and it still does not load the second page. Does this method work on a module i created?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Ian,

I would like to ask you to provide a detailed information for your module if it is possible. My solution use the default behavior of the news widget and I suppose that there will be no problems with the module that you are created.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jun-2013 00:00

I have two modules one is for a dealer locator and the other is a custom events module so i can use maps for both. In the Events module called races i have Address, Title, Description, Website, Date, Logo. On the Dealer Locator called Dealers i have Address, Title. Website. Phone, and Logo.
Both of these when you click the list item on the home page i want it to bring up either a lightbox or its own page of just the info for that event. Also i want a page where the user can search an address and find either dealers or events near them. On mobile same search function but should pull up address based off gps of phone. Currently when you click a link if it brings up the lightbox it pulls a page in mobile view and doesnt display data if it doesnt it clears some widgets off the page like a vimeo and twitter widget but leaves other things like images making the page look incomplete.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Ian,

I have tried to reproduce your scenario with a custom events module that I created on my test project and everything works fine when I use two separate widgets with master and detail view. If you want to display the detail view of the items in lightbox you can take a look at the following blog post:

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/jen-pelevas-blog/2013/04/24/how-to-open-sitefinity-news-details-in-a-lightbox

There is no out of the box solution about this type of search that you want to implement. I would suggest that you have to use geolocation for your desired scenario. If the following link you can find more detailed information about the geolocation API:

http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2013 00:00

Ok so all i changed was the ContentViewDisplayMode to Master and Detail. was that all that needed to be changed? This still doesnt seem to be working for me and im not sure why.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Ian,

This is the only setting that I have applied on my custom Events module. You can check the following links where you can find a useful information regarding the problem:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/events-master-detail-problem

http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/slavo-ingilizovs-blog/2011/12/15/url_filtering_with_multiple_content_widgets_per_page

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jun-2013 00:00

None of these suggestions worked...also in all these settings changes now in full view it doesnt display any content or anything different. the list still shows and some elements on the page vanish. On the master list i tried setting the single view to specifically go to the page i want it to and it went but the page was blank.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Ian,

Thnak you for getting back to us.

I'm a bit concerned about the behavior you're describing, as it doesn't sound as the default one we've designed for Sitefinity ContentView and DynamicContentView controls.

If possible, can you please outline the exact steps take, and probably record us a short video so we can observe the behavior locally. Opening a support ticket and sharing with us login crednetials to your site's backend can help us observe the configuration ourselves as well.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Unfortunately the only way for you to login to the back end of the site right now is through a remote desktop since it is being developed locally still. I can see what I can do about a screen capture of the process i took  to make the modules 

This thread is closed