5.0 -> 5.2 Upgrade Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:15

5.0 -> 5.2 Upgrade Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jun-2013 00:00

Hey all just ran the upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2 following the details on this link precisely and get front and back end errors.

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-you-sitefinity-5.0-project-to-the-latest-version

The front end error is 
 Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.SearchResources", name = "SearchResources".
Exception occurred while: while resolving.
Exception is: InvalidOperationException - The type ResourceDataProvider cannot be constructed. You must configure the container to supply this value.
-----------------------------------------------
At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.SearchResources,SearchResources
 Resolving parameter "dataProvider" of constructor Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Search.SearchResources(Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Data.ResourceDataProvider dataProvider)
   Resolving Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Data.ResourceDataProvider,(none)

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: /SFPageService/5A47D258-2A8D-48BB-80D2-58B4BC0A66B8_320TCD45212C13_Basic.aspx    Line: 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Andy

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andy,

That is a strange error. Let's work on narrowing down the issue.  Could you assist my with answering a few questions?

• Does this happen on every page in the fronted?
  • Can you go the /Sitefinity page and login there?
  • If you say this happens in the backend, on which page are you seeing this exception?
  • Could you also try to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 first or repeat the upgrade again?

Please let me know on the results so we can help you successfully finish the upgrade ASAP.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2013 00:00

Hey Peter 

Thanks for your reply.  

- yes it happened on all pages
- I could login, but the backend had a number or errors, missing analytics in the top menu error.  Trying to view pages produced a pop up error.
- I think a upgrade 5.1 first would be a good idea, can you point me to a upgrade guide though, I only see 5.0 to 5.2 on the site.  Also which explicit version should I get to do the upgrade, for example it says upgrade to 5.2, but there is 5.2.3700 and 5.2.3800, which is the best to go for?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andy,

Yes, it really looks like some configuration files are causing this issue due to unsuccessful upgrade.

Thus, the best next thing is to repeat the upgrade but with a new version this time. You can follow the same installation instruction (link here) and upgrade to Sitefinity 5.1 instead. The thing is that after Sitefinity 5.0, we have introduced separate assemblies for the different modules and sometimes this may cause upgrade complications. Other that it is a fully supported upgrade scenario, so please let me know how it will go.

As for the version, I usually pick the latest version (with the biggest number) as it is considered to be better than the previous one.

Please try to upgrade one more time and let me know on the outcome.

P.S. If this doesn't work, we may request sending your project to us, so please keep us posted on the result.

Regards,
Peter
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Peter

Thanks very much for your reply.  I just ran the upgrade to 5.1.32, the font end displays without error and the backend loads fine, but I get a number of pop up errors when viewing and attempting to edit pages in the backend.  At this juncture I would appreciate it if you could review the solution.  I can send you both pre and post upgrade if you could advise how you would like to receive them please?

Many Thanks

Andy

Thanks very much for your reply.  I just ran the upgrade to 5.1.32, the font end displays without error and the backend loads fine, but I get a number of pop up errors when viewing and attempting to edit pages in the backend.  At this juncture I would appreciate it if you could review the solution.  I can send you both pre and post upgrade if you could advise how you would like to receive them please?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andy,

Please upload bot projects with database at the secured FTP location provided on the details below, so I can review them:

------------------------------------------
Set FTP in Active Mode!
IP address: 82.103.64.22
Username: AndyMellor
Password: *********
------------------------------------------

Alongside, I also have two questions for you:

1. Which is the client you are working for?
  2. Why they need to upgrade just to Sitefinity 5.2 and not 6.0, which is the latest version?

Regards,

Peter
Telerik

Hey Peter

Great thanks, I'll upload them with the client details tonight :)

The client wants to be on the latest version of Sitefinity, I am just following the recommended upgrade path specified in your documentation.  5.0->5.2->5.4->6.0.  Is this not the correct approach? :S

Hey Peter 

The files are now uploaded as requested, thanks again for your help :)

Look forward to hearing from you 

Andy

Hey Peter The files are now uploaded as requested , thanks for your help :) 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jun-2013 00:00

Hi Andy,

We will continue, using the e-mails and if there's anything interesting for the community as a take away, I will provide our findings in the thread.

So far it looks, like you have succeeded with the upgrade, but I am waiting for an confirmation.

Cheers,

Peter
Telerik

This thread is closed