Content Block Categories and Tags

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:47

Content Block Categories and Tags

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am trying to use the content block as it is, but allow for the user to categorise it and tag it as well.
I know that I could use Module Builder for this, but that is not what I want to do, as the users would loose the ability to edit directly from the page.

In this case, I simply want to add the categories and tags to the bottom of the edit popup when a user clicks when editing a page.

I followed this post www.sitefinity.com/.../adding-tags-and-categories-to-content-blocks but I am not able to make this work.

Can someone please give me a more detailed description on this can be achieved?

Many thanks,
R

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello,

When a content block is created you have the ability to add categories/tags by default. The tags and categories are applicable only for the shared content blocks. We agree that it makes sense to be able to add categories/tags when you convert the content block to a shared one and that advanced filter will be helpful and it could use tags and categories. At the moment this is not configurable. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed