Trial Version of Sitefinity in Azure

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:31

Trial Version of Sitefinity in Azure

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2013 00:00

I have redeployed Sitefinity under 2 instances of Azure and found two problems. The first problem is that I keep seeing a yellow screen of death regarding validation of viewstate. The message is:

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that machineKey configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. I have attached the exception. 

The second problem is that I keep getting logged out in the back office  every once in a while just by loading or going through another page. There is no reason for this to happen on the side of our project configuration since it is set up to use a distributed session provider specifically for azure.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jun-2013 00:00

Keep note that none of the problems exist if I configure the cloud service to use only 1 instance but of course that would not be ideal. Does the trial version of Sitefinity support load balancing scenario (in Azure)? 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2013 00:00

Hello Andrew,

Can you please try disabling the viewstate MAC validation for pages and see if you still reproduce the issue?
To this please open the web.config and locate the 
<Pages>
     <Controls>

element.

Add the following attribute to it:

<pages enableViewStateMac="false">
      <controls>...

Note: you might have 2 <pages> nodes in your config file - make sure you add it to the one that has <controls> as a child item. 

Then you need to redeploy the project to Azure.

Can you please provide more information about the distributed session provider and how you set it up? 

Thanks a lot. 

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed