How do you popup the "Insert and Image" dialogue b

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:57

How do you popup the "Insert and Image" dialogue box, on a backend page?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2013 00:00

am building a RadGrid control, which when a user clicks on a row, opens up an edit form.

This form features a person photo image, which I require the functionality to change as the user desires.

So I am trying to figure out the code to include in the code behind of the .asmx web control, that pops up the "Insert an image" dialogue, that you current have with the image control in Sitefinity.

I have been experimenting with:

<sf:MediaContentSelectorView    id="selectorView"    runat="server"    ContentType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Image"    ParentType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Album"    LibraryBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/AlbumService.svc/"    MediaContentBinderServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Content/ImageService.svc/"    MediaContentItemsListDescriptionTemplate="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Designers.Libraries.Images.ImageItemDescriptionTemplate.htm"    DisplayResizingOptionsControl="false"    ShowOpenOriginalSizeCheckBox="false"></sf:MediaContentSelectorView>

As I have read a lot of forum topics, about this control. However, it opens up the image selector for images already uploaded. This is one step too far as I need to use the Insert an image" dialogue, as there are times images need to be uploaded rather than selected from existing.

How on earth do I do this?

Can I include a "sf" tagged control in the page, or do I need to open a new page with some type of form selector?

What is the best approach to do this in 5.4?

Attached is the form I am trying to pop-up on my backend page.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello,

There is a control that allows upload of an image and/or selection from already uploaded images. This control combines MediaContentSelectorView and MediaContentUploaderView. Here is a blog post that gives a sample of this control.

<sf:EditorContentManagerDialog runat="server" ID="asyncImageSelector" DialogMode="Document" Width="540" HostedInRadWindow="false"  BodyCssClass="" />
The DialogMode property of the control can be changed to Document, Image, Media (Video) allow selection and upload of different media types.

A button pops up the control using jQuery dialog.
this._uploadDialog = jQuery(this._asyncImageSelector.get_element()).dialog(
                autoOpen: false,
                modal: true,
                width: 540,
                height: "auto",
                closeOnEscape: true,
                resizable: false,
                draggable: false,
                zIndex: 5000,
                dialogClass: "sfSelectorDialog"
            );

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed