deleting/de-registering MVC Widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:25

deleting/de-registering MVC Widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jul-2013 00:00

I've created a few MVC widget via Thunder, and things are working as expected -- however when I attempted to delete this widget (de-register it as well), I can't seem to get it to apply. I go into Administration > settings > advanced > toolboxes > toolboxes> PageControls > Sections > MVcWidgets > Tools

and then delete the specified widget that Thunder registered for me on my behalf... I log out of the admin section, and then when I log back in, it gets re-created. What else am I missing to properly delete this widget?

I open up the ToolboxesConfig.config file, and from the above steps I mentioned, I see it removed from the .config file (get prompted that the file has changed). Keeping the file open in my VS IDE after logging back into the site -- get prompted again that the file has changed, and voila, the section that I had previously deleted (and saw that was removed from the file) is now back!

Help?!

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.

To remove the control, you need to delete the files first, build, and remove it from the toolbox. Basically the control registers itself, if you do not build after you have removed the file, it will keep doing it.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed