MVC routing in 6.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:55

MVC routing in 6.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2013 00:00

Hi,

My custom MVC widgets have stopped routing properly in Sitefinity 6.1.

I can't seem to get any routing to work at all now on custom MVC widgets.
Here is a test action snippet from my controller:

public ActionResult test()
    return View("test");

and in my view, I'm simply testing:
<p>It works!</p>

I made a hybrid page called 'sample' and added the controller to it.

When I go to "/sample/test/" - I get a 404!

Any idea what could have changed to cause these issues? 

Thanks,

Gary

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2013 00:00

Bump.

I ran into this exact same issue. I ran a test with a really small demo project that I had created. The routing worked just fine and I was able to load content via an ajax call when the project was still using v6.0 but as soon as I upgraded the project to 6.1, the exact same route that had worked 10 minutes before now returns a 404.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2013 00:00

Hello,

I have reproduced the problem and I am still investigating the issue occurring. I will update you further when I have more information on the causes and how to fix

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2013 00:00

Thanks Stanislav.

Do you know when we can expect an update, as I'm currently running a project that I would like to launch on 6.1, but I plan to go live shortly.

Many thanks,

Gary

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2013 00:00

I would also like an update on this issue please as it is critical to our sites and we have already deployed to our test environments and hit this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2013 00:00

Any update on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

My renewal is due very shortly and I'm in the progress of remaking the website. Please advise if Sitefinity is going to be fit for use, or if I should look for alternative solutions?

I'm spending a lot of money to go 2 weeks with such a major issue without a solution.

Gary

Hi,

We too are urgently looking for a fix for this. Currently we are having to rewrite large chunks of our site to get round this major issue.

Please update asap.

Sam

This is a huge issue for me as well.  An ETA on the fix would be appreciated.

A ballpark would be great.

Should we start rewriting code?

Would really appreciate an official response on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

The issue occurring is investigated at our end, but so far we don`t have a solution. We are looking to getting it to work as soon as possible and based on the solution will act in a way to provide a feasible fix for everyone encountering the issue.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

We have found the cause of the problem and found a workaround to the issue that can be applied trough a setting, refer to this KB article to apply the workaround which will fix the issue.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

Thanks Stanislav - This seems to have fixed it!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

This also seems to be working for us too, thanks for the fix.

Is this a permanent solution or will a patch be released in (for example) 6.2 which we should be aware of?

Sam

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2013 00:00

Are there ramifications for using "EnableBackwardCompatabilityForPagesUrls".
Other than fixing this error, what is this setting used for?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello,

The setting "EnableBackwardCompatabilityForPagesUrls" resolves url parameters from the url. Because the navigation to an action when posting a form goes to site.com/page/actionName where actionName is the url parameter this setting ensures this parameter is taken into account.
Without the settings the request made to this url parameter was returning 404. The setting is a workaround to make sure url parameters are taken into account.

There will be a fix for this to return the behavior for MVC routing that was present in sitefinity 6.0, the fix is aimed for sitefinity 6.2 release. We don`t foresee an issue occring resolving url parameters for page urls.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik

This thread is closed