Converting a non-sf forms auth webapp to use sf claims

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:27

Converting a non-sf forms auth webapp to use sf claims

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2013 00:00

Could I take an existing forms webapp...and add in the MS identity bits to tell it to authenticate from sitefinity?...then when the user authenticates into sitefinity they'd be able to get to both subdomains?

Is this a pain to setup?...or possible?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

It should be possible but currently we do not have any sample of how to achieve this.

Our token is not what Windows Identity Foundation will expect by default and you would probably need to implement a custom token handler.

Until we have an official sample our token format might change so any custom token handlers should be updated when Sitefinity is updated.

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2013 00:00

Thanks for the info!

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2015 00:00

Hello. I need a little bit of help getting the following to work (I feel I'm almost there):

I took an existing SF app and I configure it to use an external STS. I now want ​to remove the Login widget or page in the app, and have the user redirected to the external STS upon clicking the Login button (so no more login form).  What's the best to way to do this?

Also need help with the following:

I added a user control widget to the SF app so upon page load it would display the claims passed in by the external STS. However the code shows user is not signed in. Here's the code:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

ClaimsPrincipal claimsPrincipal = Page.User as ClaimsPrincipal;
     if (claimsPrincipal != null)

signedIn.Text = "You are signed in.";
  foreach (Claim claim in claimsPrincipal.Claims)

claimType.Text = claim.Type;
   claimValue.Text = claim.Value;
   claimValueType.Text = claim.ValueType;
   claimSubjectName.Text = claim.Subject.Name;
   claimIssuer.Text = claim.Issuer;

else

signedIn.Text = "You are STILL not signed in.";

Never mind about that last post regarding claims not being displayed. I had to use Microsoft.IdentityModel instead of System.IdentityModel to get it to work. It looks like Sitefinity is still using WIF 3.5 and not 4.5, is that correct?

This thread is closed