GridView Functionality Help Needed

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:08

GridView Functionality Help Needed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2013 00:00

Hello Team,

I am new to Sitefinity. I need to create page which will contain the list of members. In each row, I need to provide the update, delete and view options to manage the member details. Is there any way by  using which I provide the functionality with the help of drag drop feature? So any user create new form add grid from control toolbox, bind the respective data as per required columns, provide update, view, delete options.
I.e. Grid view on which I can set data binding with the help of SQL Server database without implement any back end code in C#.

Or

For this, I need to implement this functionality with the help of code implementation in back end with C# with database connection?
If it true, then can you provide me a link where any sample code or help link is available which describes the SQL Server 2008 database connection for the code details? (by using which I can manage the edit, delete functionality in grid).

Hi Amit,

I'm not sure if I understand your question.
Do you want to have this functionality for the Sitefinity members? Because that you should manage from within the backend.

If you need to manage your own membership system, you could write just normal .aspx pages inside your Sitefinity project, but in that case I wonder why you should use Sitefinity?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hello Danial,

Sorry for the confusion.
I need to develop one website for my client who is using this implemented website as a master website and create multiple websites for his clients with the help of "Multisite Management" functionality. I found that, Sitefinity is provided this functionality (there are other areas also available like form management etc.).

In this site, I need to provide functionality which contains one form where I will add customer. The added customer needs to display in grid which contain edit, view detail, and delete functionality. I found we can directly add the RadGrid control on Page UI. But I need information about how to bind data for this grid from SQL Server 2008 without implementing any code detail in developer end. Also I need to manage edit, view and delete functionality from grid without implementing code details.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks and regards,
Amit.

Hi Amit,

I think that this is not really a Sitefinity related thing. I would recommend to search the forums of the RadControls on Telerik.com.

You should use the Automatic CRUD operations of e.g. the RadGridView. See this link for more information.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hello Danial,

Thank you very much for this information.
I need some more information on this -
1) Then in which scenario, I will use this control (displayed with green border in attached snapshot)?
I think, as you said, the edit, delete options are not possible for this control from Sitefinity Page template UI then this grid will helps to only display the data from the database. Is my understanding is correct?

2) Do you have any help link or sample video which will help me to bind the data to this control from SQL Server 2008 database? I need to display saved data details to the grid. If any help link which will demonstrate whole process will help me more.

3) Suppose, if I used this control on form then customization for grid row edit, delete feature from the back-end code in C# is possible? I.e. The added grid control on page will accessible to me from the code solution (Asp.net code solution) which is created when new website is created from "Sitefinity Project Manager"?

Thanks and regards,
Amit. 

This thread is closed