Multiple Projects

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:23

Multiple Projects

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,
Since I am expecting to make a fair few (MVC) custom widgets, I was hoping to keep them in a separate project. The reasoning is that I do not want to clutter up the Sitefinity application, and want to keep my own stuff separate.
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a separate MVC project in the same solution as the Sitefinity project? and if so how can I ensure that the widgets I create in my project are displayed in the toolbox of Sitefinity?

Any help would be great on this.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2013 00:00

I've done something very similar to this with web forms.  All I needed to do was copy the project that had the shared code in it to production and then add a virtual directory to it.  All of my user controls were CodeFile instead of CodeBehind, but I could then reference the control in the toolbox through the virtual directory.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

please ignore this, I just want to thread showing in my new account

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2013 00:00

still having issues

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Hywel,

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, you can create a separate project to house your MVC controls. 

Take a look at the following forum post (look for the 2nd post by Brett Whittington, little more than halfway down). He goes into how he has created virtual directories for all of his shared code:

As for adding custom widgets to your toolbox, please refer to the following documentation:

Let us know if you have any additional questions or need any clarifications.

Regards,
David C
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed