6.1 SP1 project file missing references

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:49

6.1 SP1 project file missing references

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Sep-2013 00:00

Has anyone else noticed that the default project file generated out from the Sitefinity 6.1 SP1 project manager is missing the references for System.Windows (WindowsBase), and Telerik.OpenAccess.Config?

Any idea how to fix that? We are working on a new implementation and noticed these issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2013 00:00

Apparently this is a known issue. The two references specified are not needed and should be removed.

Also, in the default web.config file under buildProviders for the .svc extension, the line

<buildProviders>
        <remove extension=".svc" />
        <add extension=".svc" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceBuildProvider, System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      </buildProviders>

should probably be

<buildProviders>
        <remove extension=".svc" />
        <add extension=".svc" type="System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceBuildProvider, System.ServiceModel.Activation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      </buildProviders>

At least according to ReSharper. I'm still checking with support on that.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Michael,

This section of the web.config has not been changed lately. I have passed your information to the team and they will investigate further. Currently there are no reported issue regarding this. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi Michael,

I wanted to quickly update you. I just got word from the team that microsoft have moved it from the System.ServiceModel.dll. It will be fixed for the next major release. I have updated your points.

Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed