Create configurable widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:44

Create configurable widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi,
I'm new in SiteFinity. I'd like to create a custom widget which consists of an image and some short description wrapped by a link (so that when people click any where will go to that URL). And I also want these 3 (image, description and URL) elements editable. E.g: When drop this widget to the page, page editor can easily edit them.
Could anybody show me how to do this?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2013 00:00

No one?

Ok, simpler question: How to make a link editable on SiteFinity backend. I.e: I have an <a href="www.google.com"></a> and need to let user change it to whatever URL they want.

And, how about only can select an internal page URL?

Hi Harry,

You can create a simple ASP.NET UserControl to achieve this. Inside this control you will need some properties that will represent the Image, Page and Description. After that you can use Sitefinity Thunder to create a nice designer for this to assign values to those properties in a friendly way.

Check out my blogpost about how you can create such a widget and feel free to use the code from that example, by reviewing it on my GitHub account.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I know this surely is a very simple and basic question for them to reply. That's why I was like open dozens of tabs without finding a usable tutorial.

Yours is perfect. Thank you very much. I've learned some basic yet important Sitefinity knowledge today.

Best Regards,
Harry

Hi Harry,

Great to hear.
Glad I could be of any help.

Kind regards,
Daniel

This thread is closed