6.1 new navigation widget bind to datasource main navi sub n

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:07

6.1 new navigation widget bind to datasource main navi sub navi scenario

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2013 00:00

Here is what I want

1 Level will be horizontal with widget template (Horizontal (one-level)
2 Level should show all items under the selected 1 Level item

So 

main 1
   sub 1
   sub 1.1
   sub 1.2
      sub 1.2.1
main 2
   sub 2
   sub 2.1
   sub 2.2

I used to use radcontrols panel bar for the subnavigation with the follwowing settings.

SitMapProvider = SitefinitySiteMap
StartFromCurrentNode = False
StartingNodeOffset = 1

Then I bind the RadPanel bar to that Site-Map using its DataSourceID

DataTestField = Title
DataValueField = ID
DataNavigateUrlField = Url

----------------------------

No I want to achiev the same functionallity with the new navigation widget.

So if I click on main 1 the secondary navigation should every page under main 1 but the top page of course (since this is in the main navigation)

MyProblems

If I use the Vertical with sublevels (treeview) I can set in advanced

SiteMapProviderName  -> I guess that would be equivalent to SitMapProvider = SitefinitySiteMap

but I can not set startingNodeOffset, StartingFromCurrentNode and so on. It does not seem to be possible (at least to me) to bind the navi to a SiteMapDataSource -> Don't see where I could add the ID 

Can anyone, maybe from Telerik, tell me how to achieve this to get a secondary navigation based on the selected main item?

Is this still possible with the new navigation widget or do I have to go back to the trusted RadPanelBar ?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2013 00:00

Anyone?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

The fields you would like to declare are not exposed in the Advanced options of the navigation widget. You can try to set them directly on the SitefinitySitemapDataSource control on the Vertical list template. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Pavel 

Thanks for the answer. We have many options to diplay, top level, under current page I sure thing it would come in handy if we had the option to show all child item of selected top node (without the top node)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

As you probably know the treeview always displays the parent node as it is a hierarchical type of control. In order to achieve the desired scenario you will need to use a control such as RadPanelBar (which you have already pointed out). We have a feature request logged for implementing this control in the built in Navigation of Sitefinity - PITS.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2013 00:00

Dear Pavel

I will try your sugestion to change the navigation widget SitefinitySitemapDataSource (have not looked at it)

If that does not work - back to the old trusted RadControls :-(

Markus

This thread is closed