custom membership provider not showing in sitefinity

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:12

custom membership provider not showing in sitefinity

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2013 00:00

Hi

I'm following the instructions here:

www.sitefinity.com/.../add-the-new-provider-to-the-sitefinity-providers-collection

but I can't get the login page or users administration part to show the new provider. I've added it like the instructions and enabled it but the login screen just shows the  normal username and password and no provider dropdown to select.

I'm currently running it on a local machine and have tried closing the project manager and the Visual Studio and editing the web.config to make sure sitefinity has restarted.

using Sitefinity 6.1.4700.0

please help

Lee.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Lee,

Did you changed the ApplicationName inside your custom code? It is important that the ApplicationName in your code is the same as when you register the provider.

Maybe you can sent me your code and I'll take a look.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello guys,

@Lee
Could you please answer the question which Daniel asked? There should be  no problem to add custom providers following our documentation. As Daniel noted if you send us your code we will get a better picture of the problem.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi

Realised I added the provider to securityProviders rather than membershipProviders - it now works - thanks

Lee.

This thread is closed