Problem with 'Login/Log out button' and custom MVC W

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:25

Problem with 'Login/Log out button' and custom MVC Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Oct-2013 00:00

I am running Sitefinity 6.0.4200.0 SE and am having trouble when I have a 'Login/Log out button' and a custom MVC widget on the same page.

The following does work:

1. Page with only the 'Login/Log out button'
  2. I can click the 'Log in' link, which takes me to the standard Sitefinity Login page (~/sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT?...).
  3. I can log in with my credentials.
  4. I go back to the first page.
  5. I can click the 'Log out' link
  6. I am logged out as expected.

The following does not work:

1. Page with both the 'Login/Log out button' and my custom MVC widget.
  2. I can click the 'Log in' link, which takes me to the standard Sitefinity Login page (~/sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT?...).
  3. I can log in with my credentials.
  4. I go back to the first page.
  5. When I click the 'Log out' link, I get the following error:
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Source Error:
[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\64175248\4515be59\App_Web_59782c1a-51ae-69f1-bce4-ff0000a26cf3_130t083585490_basic.aspx.d63928b6.utw2q0l4.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:
[ViewStateException: Invalid viewstate.
    Client IP: ::1
    Port:
    Referer: http://localhost:60876/
    Path: /default.aspx
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)
    ViewState: /wEPDwUKMTYxMjU1NjE5N2QYAQUeX19Db250cm9sc1JlcXVpcmVQb3N0QmFja0tleV9fFgMFMEMwMDQkY3RsMDAkY3RsMDAkc2l0ZU1hcENvbnRyb2xfaG9yaXpvbnRhbHNpbXBsZQUjQzAwMyRjdGwwMCRjdGwwMCRyZW1lbWJlck1lQ2hlY2tib3gFH2N0bDE1JGN0bDAwJGN0bDAwJHdpbmRvd01hbmFnZXIHkDtaJYnZxJJozbOGHHUCfSbf7GDhCzqzLizgraxH7w==]

[HttpException (0x80004005): Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.]
   System.Web.UI.ViewStateException.ThrowError(Exception inner, String persistedState, String errorPageMessage, Boolean macValidationError) +198
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.Deserialize(String inputString, Purpose purpose) +432
   System.Web.UI.ObjectStateFormatter.System.Web.UI.IStateFormatter2.Deserialize(String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +8
   System.Web.UI.Util.DeserializeWithAssert(IStateFormatter2 formatter, String serializedState, Purpose purpose) +40
   System.Web.UI.HiddenFieldPageStatePersister.Load() +248
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium() +88
   System.Web.UI.Page.LoadAllState() +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6704
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
   System.Web.Mvc.OutputCacheAttribute.OnResultExecuting(ResultExecutingContext filterContext) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +41
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +242
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +177
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +324
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.ControllerWrapper.Execute() +133
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcControllerProxy.ExecuteController() +4042
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcControllerProxy.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +45
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +83
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +168
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6704
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
   ASP.sfpageservice_59782c1a_51ae_69f1_bce4_ff0000a26cf3_130t083585490_basic_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\64175248\4515be59\App_Web_59782c1a-51ae-69f1-bce4-ff0000a26cf3_130t083585490_basic.aspx.d63928b6.utw2q0l4.0.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929

My custom MVC isn't doing anything too special - it just accepts a few parameters, and appends those together into a string to insert a HTML iFrame tag onto the page.

Has anyone else come across this error, or know how to fix/avoid it?

Thanks in advance
 - Stephan

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

I have contacted Telerik Support about this issue, and I have been provided with a solution that I wanted to share in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

Within my MVC > Controller > .CS file I had the following line:

OutputCache(NoStore = true, Duration = 0, VaryByParam = "*"),
Removing this line also removed the error that I was seeing.

I'm not sure if it is best just to remove this line, or if it would be better to leave it in there but change the values.  For now, removing it is working for me, and I will investigate the other settings as time permits.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2013 00:00

Thanks mikem (and Telerik Support).
I removed that line from my MVC > Controller > .CS file and it seems to have removed the error that I was getting.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Mikem,

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed