LDAP Question in User Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:17

LDAP Question in User Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Oct-2013 00:00

I understand that Sitefinity can link to the LDAP (Active Directory). Is it possible to sync all the existing users in the LDAP to Sitefinity user module so the existing LDAP users do not need to register again in the website? Also, if it can be synced, can this action to be scheduled in a specific period of time in order to keep the most updated user from LDAP? And What if there are some users being removed in LDAP, can this change reflect in the Sitefinity User Module?

Thanks.

Evan

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Evan,

Once you configure the LDAP settings Sitefinity will pull the users from the active directory depending on those settings. Additionally once they are in Sitefinity they will be registered, however you will need to grant them permissions (assign the appropriate role to the user).

If you are referring to one time login and not register - Yes, it is possible to setup SSO with Windows authentication. In this case scenario the user has to enter his/her password only the first time logging into the backend. 

Sitefinity does not store the AD users in its database but it is pulling them directly through the LDAP provider. If a user is removed from the AD the change will take immediate effect in the system. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Pavel,

I have successfully hooked Sitefinity up to my LDAP provider and can see my AD users on the Sitefnity "Users" page.

Question: when I edit the Sitefinity profile of an AD user (for example, when I set "This user can access site backend" to true), where is that setting stored in the Sitefinity database? I have not been able to locate where the setting is stored.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Vince,

This information is stored in the sf_users table. Take a look at the is_backend_user column.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed