Retrieving thumbnail for user profile widget instead of full

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:23

Retrieving thumbnail for user profile widget instead of full-size image?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Oct-2013 00:00

When the image is rendered, the URL is /images/default-source/Temp/2013-10-04-18-07-12.jpg?sfvrsn=I've noticed that the default image that is pulled into the Profile widget for the current user is the full-size (i.e., original) image instead of a scaled down-version. I know a thumbnail version exists, but I'm not sure how to define this in the template. I'm using the "Article-like" template on version 6.1. 

For example, when the image is rendered, the URL is:

/images/default-source/Temp/2013-10-04-18-07-12.jpg?sfvrsn=1

But the thumbnail version of this has a URL of 

/images/default-source/Temp/2013-10-04-18-07-12.tmb-.jpg?sfvrsn=1

How can I get the <sf:ImageField /> control to use the thumbnail instead of the full-size? Thanks.

I've used the below on Image lists to get the thumbnail.  Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.
<sf:ImageAssetsField runat="server" DataFieldName="MainImage" IsThumbnail="True" />

[quote]Jonathan said:I've used the below on Image lists to get the thumbnail.  Not sure if it will work for you but worth a try.
<sf:ImageAssetsField runat="server" DataFieldName="MainImage" IsThumbnail="True" />

[/quote]

Tried that and it did not work. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello Ryan,

I am afraid this functionality cannot be easily achieved with this template. If you use the Auto Generated fields template you can see the image is sized to a thumbnail. If you insist on having the Article-like one you need to add a custom field to the user's profile and assign it to be a thumbnail. For more information on how to do that click here.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed