Embed localization strings

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:29

Embed localization strings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello
I have module with contact form. 
Labels and other messages are translated using Resource class which extends Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Resource.
Ok, that's working.
Next I want to embed those strings in various languages, but it only allows me to save invariant language into resource class, like:

[ResourceEntry("Name", Value = "Name", Description = "phrase: Name", LastModified = "07/20/2012")]
public string Name get return this["Name"];

I know there is an option to edit those translations in CMS, but I would like to make this module portable. To do that, I need to save multiple translations into same module.

How can I do that?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Mitja,

Unfortunately the functionality you request is not possible. In order to create different cultures for your localization you need to make new resource files in which the ISO language codes are part of the file name (for example, nl - Dutch, fr - French). This is by design of Microsoft's ASP.NET convention. For more information visit MSDN. Omitting the language extension will result in the default language, which is English in Sitefinity.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed