App_Master and App_Themes folders in root of website

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:09

App_Master and App_Themes folders in root of website

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

I've put my App_Master and App_Themes folders in the root of website instead of App_Data. The front-end works fine but the page editor in the backend doesn't render the CSS from the theme, any ideas why?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

Most likely the application can't find your CSS file. I had a similar experience even setting the App_Master and App_Themes folder inside the App_Data/WebsiteTemplates as recommended by Telerik. And putting the CSS file inside the Global folder inside the Theme's folder. I was getting a 304 error (forbidden access) to the file. That's most likely due to the fact that App_Data is a special type of folder inside a .NET project. 
I moved the CSS file in the root of the application and linked directly to it using ~/CSSfolder/CSSfile.
Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

@David
As Ara noted in the previous reply it is recommended App_Master and App_Themes to be located in App_Data folder. Keep in mind that App_Data folder should have the neccessary write persimmons.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Sep-2016 00:00

I'm a little new to this, but does one create the App_Master and App_Themes folders? From what I've read so far, I thought they were included, but I do not see them under my files. Apologies if this is a common understanding. 

This thread is closed