Button click event does not fire

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:09

Button click event does not fire

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

I have created a new custom login (standard -SitefinityWebApp.Custom.Widget) widget and my logon button event does not fire. I did some research and some people were suggesting setting View State to true and it did not help any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Oct-2013 00:00

Did you use Thunder and make a SimpleView widget, then wire up the click event inside of InitializeControls?

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

Could you please share with us some more information about this custom widget? Would it be possible for you to inform us do you have a onclick event in the template. For example:

<asp:Button ID="LoginButton" runat="server" onclick="LoginButton_Click" Text="login" CssClass="loginBtn" ValidationGroup="ctl00$ctl00$Login1" />

Code behind:
protected void LoginButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

//your logic here

You could send us your code so we could give you an accurate answer.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2015 00:00

Hi,

I am using sitefinity 7.3. My button click event not fired but client side operation working fine such as validation  while I am change my page template or create same template as previous  assign to page then it is working properly  So please reply as soon as possible
Thanks, 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2015 00:00

Hello Vakeel,

Can you please provide more details about the custom user control you have created and the exact steps you take to reproduce the issue? Can you please try to register the custom control you have created using Thunder as described in the below article:

http://docs.sitefinity.com/thunder-register-a-widget

Then drop the control on a Sitefinity page and let me know about the results.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed