Question: IDownloadSecurityProvider

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:18

Question: IDownloadSecurityProvider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Oct-2013 00:00

Does anyone know where exactly I need to register a custom implementation of  Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.IDownloadSecurityProvider? 

Creating a document library through the fluent API allows you to set the the DownloadSecurityProviderName property to reference the custom provider, however it is asking for the name of the provider, not the type, so I am hoping there is a location where I can register the provider implementation, however I been looking on the settings and I have not been able to find where to do the registration.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi,

A provider implementing IDownloadSecurityProvider can`t be registered trough a setting it is registered when a module installs and in sitefinity there are two such providers 
DownloadableGoodsSecurityProvider which is executed in the ecommerce module for adding security for allowing user that have purchased downloadable products to retrieve them.

AttachmentDownloadSecurityProvider this is for forums module when forum visitors try to download attachments in forum posts.

Custom security provider can`t be added to the built in modules as it have to be part of the module implementation. Such a provider can be added custom content based module like ProductsCatalogSample from sitefinity SDK where the whole implementation of the module is available.

Please let me know the scenario in which you need to add additional security to a downloadable file so I can suggest another approach?

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed